Tue, 16 Jun|
CIRCUS THINKERS PLATFORM Spring / Summer 2020
Our first study group course on Falling has turned out to be a tremendous success, therefore we are now launching the next development of the initiative as Circus Thinkers Platform.
Time & Location
16 Jun 2020, 18:00 CEST – 25 Aug 2020, 19:30 CEST
About the Event
Our first study group course on Falling has turned out to be a tremendous success, therefore we are now launching the next development of the initiative as Circus Thinkers Platform. This is to develop and allow more people to join.
Before you register please make sure you have read all the below info carefully.
How does it work?
- We will meet for 90mins every Tuesday at 18:00 CEST.
- We use the study circle format to investigate, reflect on and discover texts together and discuss topics arising from the input.
- The language is English.
- There is no requirement to attend every session.
- You can come to all or every third, but you need to keep on top of your engagement in order to be a part. We co-create the sessions - it is not a platform that allows for passive engagement.
- Some of the platform participants are collaborating on creating a written publication - participation in the publication is optional and subject to editor curatorial support moderation.
- We use slack as a communication tool.
How do I take part?
It is possible to take part from anywhere in the world - we meet via zoom. The only think you need is an active paid membership for Cirkus Syd for the month you take part (and a stable internet connection). The membership needs to be paid before you join. You can get an annual membership if you know you will join for the rest of the year. The annual membership runs for the calendar year and as such becomes more expensive if you purchase later in the year. However the price for annual is about the same as 10 months montly. The proceeds go towards running the platform.
Both those previously taking part in Falling circles and those wishing to join need to register to access the thinkers platform.
Once your membership is paid you are added to the slack channel to access info on zoom links and reading instructions/preparation for the sessions.
Who is it for?
- You enjoy committing to learning together with others in a flexible way.
- You are an active participant.
- You miss people in your every day to reflect on circus and cultural theory with.
- You enjoy talking, reading and writing about contemporary circus.
- You seek out information to share with others.
- You are happy to share and relate input to your personal experiences and professional life.
- You demonstrate a generous, non-judgemental attitude and enjoy meeting new people.
If this sounds like you, you might very well love the Circus Thinkers Platform.
Times: Regular Tuesdays 18:00 CEST Start date: 16th of June 2020
'Falling - the Thought of Circus' by John-Paul Zaccarini
is a literary work of poetic theory and of circus philosophy which concerns the art of circus. As the abstract says "This work looks to its fundamental and disavowed romance with failure to show how progressive its thinking could be." We will keep reading this text and add to the list of material as the platform develops. Falling the Thought of Circus is research powered by Stockholm University with illustrations by Angeliki Meli.
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refrain from signing up if you do not intend to join the platform or pay the membership fee.
The membership payment act as a queue for us to know you want to join the following session. Please make sure you have paid the membership for the current month at least 2 working days before the session you want to attend. If it's less than 2 working days before we can not guarantee we have time to pick up and send you the information.
Look forward to hearing from you and meeting all the thinkers!