Circus Thinkers 2023
Attention all thinkers and creators! Are you looking for a community of like-minded individuals to collaborate and share your thoughts and creative ideas with? Look no further!
Time & Location
08 Aug, 17:00 – 18:00
About the Event
Attention all thinkers and creators! Are you looking for a community of like-minded individuals to collaborate and share your thoughts and creative ideas with? Look no further! Our group of artistic thinkers looks for new members to join our book club and engage in discussions about the past, present, and future of circus.
As a member of Circus Thinkers, you'll have the opportunity to participate in (we think) thought-provoking discussions about circus and its evolving role in society. We believe that by studying the history and development of circus, we can gain a deeper understanding of its cultural significance and impact on the arts.
Our group also seeks to inspire and facilitate artistic collaborations among its members. Whether you're a visual artist, performer, writer, or simply someone with a passion for creativity, we welcome you to bring your ideas and work with others to bring them to life. Our exploration of sound & circus called Circosonic and two collaborative books published are just the beginning…
If you're ready to connect with a community of artists and thinkers who share your interests, come join us! We can't wait to see what kind of magic we can create together.
To register fill in the RSVP form and choose 3 of the following questions to answer.:
- What part does circus play in your life?
- What inspired you to pursue the arts or academia? What are some of your favourite artistic mediums or subject matter and why?
- How familiar are you with the history and culture of the circus? What are your thoughts on the evolution of circus and its role in society?
- Have you ever collaborated with other artists on a project? If so, can you describe the project and your role in it?
- How do you see your artistic practice developing in the future? Are there any particular areas you are interested in exploring?
- Are you comfortable sharing your artistic work and ideas with others, and working in a collaborative environment?
- Have you participated in a book club before? If so, what are some of your favourite books that you have discussed?
- How often would you be able to attend meetings or events? Are you able to commit to regular participation in the group?
- What do you hope to gain from joining a group of artistic thinkers who are interested in exploring the past, present, and future of circus through collaboration and discussion?
It's completely up to you which you answer. It's a chance for us to get to know you better before we meet. Make sure to specify which questions you chose.
To be part of the Circus Thinkers you need to be a Cirkus Syd member. Once you are a member you can join any of the Cirkus Syd events. If you are not sure if you want to join the group, you can attend your first time without becoming a member.
We have two types of membership:
Monthly Rolling Subscription 100 sek / month
4 Week subscription 120 sek
Where: Zoom, online
When: Every Tuesday 17:00 - 18:00