CIRCUS THINKERS PLATFORM 2020
Circus Thinkers Platform is our online global members group where we read and reflect on current texts and discourse relevant to the development of contemporary circus development.
Time & Location
01 Sept 2020, 18:00 CEST – 15 Dec 2020, 19:30 CET
About the Event
Circus Thinkers Platform is our online global members group where we read and reflect on current texts and discourse relevant to the development of contemporary circus development. It's a weekly encounter - we meet every Tuesday 18:00-19:30 CEST/CET via Zoom. We decide as a group what we are going to read and focus on. We started in April with Falling the Thought of Circus by John Paul Zaccarini and have since revisited the open letters to the circus by Bauke Lienvens and currently we are reading Thinking Through Circus by Circus Dialogues.
Apart from reading and talking members who want also engage in creative writing exercises and have possibility to contribute/develop to publications and talks.
Who is it for?
- You enjoy committing to learning together with others in a flexible way.
- You are an active participant.
- You miss people in your every day to reflect on circus and cultural theory with.
- You enjoy talking, reading and writing about contemporary circus.
- You seek out information to share with others.
- You are happy to share and relate input to your personal experiences and professional life.
- You demonstrate a generous, non-judgemental attitude and enjoy meeting new people.
If this sounds like you, you might very well love the Circus Thinkers Platform and we'd love to meet you.
How does it work?
- We will meet for 90mins every Tuesday at 18:00 CEST.
- We use the study circle format to investigate, reflect on and discover texts together and discuss topics arising from the input.
- The language is English.
- There is no requirement to attend every session. You can come to all or every third, but you need to keep on top of your engagement in order to be a part. We co-create the sessions - it is not a platform that allows for passive engagement.
- Some of the platform participants are collaborating on creating a written publication - participation in the publication is optional and subject to editor curatorial support moderation.
- We use slack as a communication tool.
How do I take part?
It is possible to take part from anywhere in the world - we meet via zoom. The only think you need is an active paid membership for Cirkus Syd for the month you take part (and a stable internet connection). The membership needs to be paid before you join.
Once your membership is paid you are added to the slack channel to access info on zoom links and reading instructions/preparation for the sessions.
Times: Regular Tuesdays 18:00 CEST Start date: 16th of June 2020
So far in 2020 we have read and discussed titles including:
'Falling - the Thought of Circus' by John-Paul Zaccarini
Thinking Through Circus by the Circus Dialogues
For questions email email@example.com
The membership payment act as a cue for us to know you want to join the following session. Please make sure you have paid the membership for the current month at least 2 working days before the session you want to attend. If it's less than 2 working days before we can not guarantee we have time to pick up and send you the information.
Look forward to hearing from you and meeting all the thinkers!